The church was first organized on May 13, 1955, in the home of Brother Anderson Stubblefield. The first message was “Crucified Christians” and was delivered by State Moderator, Reverend O.T. Dixon. Fifteen attendees expressed their desire to become charter members. In August, a building approximately 1100 square feet was purchased and moved onto the lot now known as 1004 East Second Street in Charleston.
By 1959, the congregation grew so much that they decided by a 100% vote to move the original building to the north end of the lot. A new sanctuary was built where the old one had been and the old sanctuary was turned into four Sunday School classrooms. The church members voted to purchase the lot directly to the north in 1965, allowing for future growth.
In 1983, the church purchased 3 1/2 acres adjacent to the existing church property. This enabled the church to consider enlarging the worship space. On February 3rd, 1991, ground broke for the construction of a new 6000 + square foot sanctuary and the remodeling of the old sanctuary into classrooms and a new fellowship hall. In March, 2002, the church celebrated another groundbreaking ceremony for the family life center. The 10,000 + square foot building includes a large fellowship hall, a fully equipped kitchen, and additional Sunday School rooms.